“We couldn’t ask for better project management, supervision, and skilled team members!”
One of the oldest buildings in Spartanburg, Pell Hall was constructed in 1891 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Major structural reinforcements were installed to stabilize the existing structure including extensive shoring to accommodate the installation of a new first floor framing system. In addition, a new central energy plant to serve the dorms and other buildings on campus was also included in the project. The 21,100 SF, 75-bed Victorian structure received extensive renovations along with Dexter Hall, a 26,120 SF student housing facility on the Converse College campus.
Pell Hall was the second building on Converse College’s campus and is well loved by generations of students for its historic charm. It had fallen into disrepair and required significant interior and exterior restoration. The updated floor plan accommodates incoming Freshmen with two-room suites and shared bathrooms. Recreational and functional spaces incorporated into the design include a media/game room, living room, study room, laundry, seminar room, and a kitchen/recreation area. A new Central Energy Plant was also installed.
- Central Energy Plant Installation
- National Register of Historic Places Renovation
- Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation Honor Award 2015